Prairie Creek Project
* Photo Credit: Norzinc Ltd.
Pioneer Winter Road
Completed: In Progress
Client: NorZinc Ltd.
In October 2022, Nuna Logistics was awarded the contract to construct the Pioneer Winter Road to NorZinc’s Prairie Creek Project. The winter road represents the first phase of NorZinc’s plan to ultimately construct an all-season access road to the site.
Nuna’s contract commenced mid-November 2022 until March 2023. Our scope of work includes:
- Construction of a 130 km winter road.
- Construction of an ice bridge over the Liard River.
- Reactivation of 14 km of existing logging road.
- Right of way clearing for the all-season road.
- Installation of stream crossings including a temporary bridge, culverts, and snow/ice crossings.
This will be the Project’s first access by land since 1982 and is a key step in future development.