We continually strive for excellence in all of our operations. In recognition of our work and industry contributions, Nuna has received the following awards.
Skookum Jim Award for Aboriginal Achievement in the Mining Industry
Nuna is the proud recipient of the Skookum Jim Award for Aboriginal Achievement in the Mining Industry. This award recognizes exceptional achievement and/or service in an Indigenous-run service business for the Canadian mining industry.
Partner of Choice
Nuna has earned a reputation as a partner of choice with proven operational excellence and dependable project delivery. We’ve proudly earned the following awards:
- 2021 & 2017: Corporation of the Year Award (Nishnawbe Aski Development Fund)
- 2016: Top Aboriginal Business Award, Northwest Territories (Yukon First Nations Chamber of Commerce)
- 2012: Skookum Jim Award for Aboriginal Achievement in the Mining Industry (Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada)
Recognition for Excellence
We received the BHP Billiton Recognition of Environmental Excellence during the operation of the Misery Camp, Ekati Diamond Mine. We’re the proud recipients of the following:
- Letter of Recognition for 10 years of service to the Ekati Diamond Mine (BHP Billiton)
- Award for Excellence in Resource Development and Merit in Technology Innovation for the BHP Billiton Ekati Diamond Mine™ project’s frozen core dam (Consulting Engineers of Alberta)
- Award of Merit for the BHP Billiton Ekati Diamond Mine™ project’s frozen core dam (Northwest Territories Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists)
- Recognition for completing construction of the A154 Dike tie-in one month ahead of schedule (Nishi-Khon SNC Lavalin Milestone Completion)
- Professional Award of Merit for Engineering of the Tibbitt to Contwoyto Winter Road, which utilized innovative engineering techniques and technology (Northwest Territories Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists)
Project of the Year Award
The Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC) was awarded the Project of the Year award by the Project Management Institute (North Saskatchewan) for its work on the Lorado Uranium Mill Remediation project.
The SRC recognized the PBN Nuna/Milestone Joint Venture as an important part of the project’s success.
Nuna has an industry-leading record of safety excellence. Over the course of our 30-year history, Nuna has been formally recognized by several clients, including De Beers Canada, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton and the Government of Canada for our safety performance. As an example of our continued focus on excellence, in 2022 Nuna achieved 2,000,000 person hours without a lost time incident and a total recordable incident frequency of 0.26.